From Farm Gate To Discerning Shopper
In recent months Creswick Woollen Mills has begun a ground breaking program
to link the Alpaca Breeders of Australia to the luxury store shelves
of Australia, London and the world.
BREEDERS LINKED TO FINISHED PRODUCT
Alpaca fleeces are carefully documented prior to being scoured and processed.
The details of the Alpaca producer supplying each fleece is linked to each
spinning batch at Creswick Woollen Mills. This careful documentation
ensures that each Alpaca Blanket, Throw Rug, Sock, Scarf & Shawl is
linked back to the Alpaca producers supplying fibre for the specific yarn batch.
COMMUNICATION AIMS TO STRENGTHEN SUPPLY CHAIN
Creswick Woollen Mills has been utilizing high quality Alpaca Fibre
for close to 10 years. Their revolutionary "World first" initiative now links
each individual breeder who supplies fleece to the final end product.
Once a breeder supplies their fleece they remain in constant
contact with the supply chain.
- The Alpaca producer is advised when their fleeces have been cleaned and processed.
- The Producer is able to submit photos of the animals providing fleece.
- The Producer is advised which products their fleeces have been woven into.
- A Producer can expect 5% to 50% of the fibre in any specified product to be their fibre.
- Each Alpaca Producer then has the opportunity to purchase Alpaca Products containing their fibre.
- The availability of Blankets, Throw Rugs, Socks, Scarves and Shawls containing their fibre, is determined
by the overall production reuirements of Creswick Woollen Mills.
|Phone:|| (03) 5345 2899|
|Mobile:||0407 050 874|
|Phone:|| (03) 53 461436|
|Mobile:|| 0432 964 665|